This is the title of the 2015 Tops Conference that will be held from 13 to 15 March 2015 in Berlin’s Wannsee district.
Where is it all leading,
- when the times are changing faster and faster and management agreements are unable to keep up with the pace of work? When people increasingly have no choice but to take decisions and manage their organisations on a situation-by-situation basis?
- when leaders, the people they lead and consultants increasingly no longer have a fixed workplace? When cars, trains and planes become their offices and provide the setting for management and consultancy work? When jobs and the content of people’s work become more and more complex and keep changing ever more rapidly? When professional development involves constantly having to acquire completely new areas of expertise?
- when the people who report to managers have less and less freedom to define and shape the tasks they perform and how they perform them? When anything and everything relies on extensive networks?
- when leaders can no longer assume that their instructions will simply be followed without question, because participation, co-determination and engagement are now expected and have become the norm?
- when the people reporting to managers have far more diverse values, opinions and ideas (young people vs. older people, people with many years’ service vs. newcomers, men vs. women), leading to the disappearance of standard practices and making things far less clear-cut than they used to be?
The Tops Conference provides the ideal setting to discuss these issues, acquire new ideas and insights and get to know the association and its actors.
So start packing your bags for Berlin, we hope to see you there in March! Please note that the conference will be held in German only.
You can download the flyer here.